TEMPLE EMANU-EL OF EAST MEADOW
In 1950 at the house of mourning of Emanuel Frankfort, the victim of a train wreck on the Long Island Railroad, was born the resolution to form a congregation to serve the religious needs of the East Meadow Jewish community. Friends and neighbors who made up the mourner's minyan became the founders of Temple Emanu-El, the first synagogue in this area. In the beginning, services and meetings were held in homes, the Fire House, in the old building that once stood on our present site, in a tent on our grounds, and finally in a new building erected in 1956. In 1957, our beautiful sanctuary was built and dedicated. Temple Emanu-El has been the historical cornerstone of the East Meadow Jewish community for over 60 years.